Help Improve lives locally
Job Opportunity - Director of Resource Development
United Way Fraser Valley is a non-profit organization serving the geographic area of the Fraser Valley Regional District, encompassing the communities of Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, Agassiz/Harrison, Hope and Boston Bar.
Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic plans to achieve UWFV fundraising, marketing and communications goals in accordance with the overall organizational strategy and objectives.
Successful candidate will:
Have strong sales skills, be a self-starter, and be able to lead a team of senior community leaders. Will also have experience creating marketing tools such as brochures and posters as well as having website maintenance experience.
Reporting - To the Executive Director
Remuneration - Is very competitive. Salary will be based on skills and experience
Posting closes - April 29, 2016 Tentative start date - May 24, 2016 Employment type - Full time
Term - One year and may be renewed
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Wayne Green at email@example.com
Job Description - Director, Resource Development
United Way Fraser Valley is a charitable organization addressing critical social issues identified by residents of the Fraser Valley.
Develop, oversee and implement strategic plans to achieve UWFV marketing and fundraising goals in accordance with the overall organizational strategy and objectives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to the successful growth & development of the UWFV resource development program working with Loaned Representatives and volunteers.
- Develop and operationalize communications plans including social media.
- Develop Marketing materials.
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Evaluate and analyze the resource development program and develop appropriate strategies to improve the results.
- Develop effective resource development volunteers by recruiting, training, coaching, and assessing performance.
- Develop and implement resource development programs including; annual workplace campaign, corporate, individual and cash and In-Kind sponsorships.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, recruit, train, coach, manage and assess the performance of members of the UWFV Staff.
- Provide staff support to the Campaign Cabinet and other related committees that may be established from time to time ensuring their effective functioning.
- Cultivate community support for United Way by developing and maintaining positive relationships with local organizations, businesses, unions and individuals.
- Plan and implement Campaign awareness, stewardship and recognition events.
- Secure, train, and manage Loaned Representatives.
- Complete applicable fund development surveys
- Manage or supervise all aspects of GCWCC including cost recovery to Health Partners, data entry into NORT and Special Event payouts
- Develop strategic partnerships with other United Ways, not for profit organizations, agency leaders and other organizations
- Attend FVLC Meetings and Chamber Meetings, time permitting
- Take Minutes at United Way Board Meetings
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent plus 5 years fund development experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading senior level volunteers in fund development.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft office, Adobe suite, web management and social media tools.
- Proven time management planning, organizational and analytic skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to be part of a team and meet deadlines.
- Experience using software such as Raisers Edge, Andar360, Rainbow, Donation Tracker or other fund development program.