United Way Campaign Associate Opportunity 2016
United Way of the Fraser Valley is a community impact organization that has been helping people in the Fraser Valley. We identify critical social issues through research and community input. With our partners, we proactively problems and create measurably better communities.
The Campaign Associate Program is a 16-week work term that gives individuals an exciting opportunity to make a difference in their community, try something new, build their networks, strengthen skills and raise resources for the betterment of the Fraser Valley. Individuals are hired by United Way and paid a bi-weekly honorarium by a pre-identified sponsoring company. This program allows United Way to triple their fundraising staff during campaign at no extra cost. This investment leverages donor dollars to ensure they are getting to the people who need it most.
Campaign Associates are:
- Bright, up-and-comers leaders
- Motivating and inspiring account managers of United Way workplace fundraising campaigns
- Passionate about helping their community
- Dynamic individuals that build strong relationships quickly
- Self-motivated and driven
- Looking for an exciting challenge to make a measureable impact in the lives of people in the Fraser Valley
- Looking to advance their careers and test their strengths in varied environments
- Manage several accounts ranging in company size and dollar value, in partnership with Resource Development staff
- Lead, motivate and inspire workplace volunteers to run successful workplace fundraising campaigns
- Assist volunteers with goal-setting, event planning, volunteer training and implementation of campaign best practices
- Lead short presentations at kick-offs and events to various group sizes and in diverse settings about United Ways’ impact
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise tact and discretion
- Build strong relationships with volunteers and team members
- Support team members, problem-solve and share information
No fundraising or account management experience is required. United Way provides all necessary training and coaching to help Campaign Associates support the running of effective fundraising campaigns, including a one-week orientation program. Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle full time during the 16-weeks is mandatory. Cell phone and laptop are also required.
Reports to: Director of Workplace Campaign
Supervised by: Campaign Manager, Workplace Campaign
Term: August 26 – December 16, 2016
Training: August 26 – September 2, 2016
Application deadline: August 06, 2016
Honorarium bi-weekly: $1025/two weeks. Mileage and parking are covered.
For more information, go to http://www.uwlm.ca/campaign-associate-program
Email Gabriel Avelar at GabrielA@uwlm.ca if you have questions.